15 Jun National Gallery of Australia: Merce Cunningham Contemporary Dance Residency
Dance Residency Opportunity for Independent contemporary dance artists.
The National Gallery of Australia is seeking three independent Australian contemporary dance artists (1 from the ACT and 2 national) with experience in creative making environments for a two week dance residency period. During this time, they will work with The Merce Cunningham Trust stager, Jamie Scott. A range of solo, duo and trio Merce Cunningham repertoire works will be remounted on the successful applicants during the residency period in September.There will also be workshop presentation opportunities with local emerging artists and up to five public performances within the American Masters exhibition at the end of the residency period.
The successful independent contemporary artists will be engaged as contractors by the National Gallery of Australia for a period of 14 days.
Submissions will be assessed against the following Essential Selection Criteria:
- Strong commitment to and demonstrated track record in contemporary dance and performance art;
- High level of self-motivation and an ability to work independently;
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills;
- Working knowledge of rehearsal practices, high level of creativity and practical experience in professional environment;
- Contemporary dance teaching experience in a public forum;
- Certificate of Currency for Public Liability Insurance cover and a current Working with Vulnerable People card.
For more information, please see information sheet here.
Submissions should be lodged before 5:00 p.m. on Sunday, 1 July to:
Jessica Ausserlechner, Program Producer
(02) 6240 6432